Category — Candidates
At our forum tonight, we held a straw poll for the Senate candidates. Here are the results:
- Kevin Bryant: 100%
- Don Bowen, Jr.: 0%
- Billy O’Dell: 4%
- Riley Harvell: 64%
Bryant and Harvell were the only candidates present at the forum. Video will be posted soon.
Note that this is simply a survey of those present and does not constitute an endorsement.
April 27, 2012 No Comments
On 4/16/2012 the Anderson County Republican Party held a forum for the state-level candidates and their primary challengers. The forum was moderated by former ACRP chairman Lee Rogers.
In attendance, from right to left, were:
Sen. Kevin Bryant (Senate District 3, incumbent)
Don Bowen, Jr. (Senate District 3, challenger)
Sen. Billy O’Dell (Senate District 4, incumbent)
Riley Harvell (Senate District 4, challenger)
Rep. Don Bowen, Sr. (House District 8, incumbent)
Ted Luckadoo (House District 8, challenger)
Jonathan Walker (House District 8, challenger)
Rep. Joshua Putnam (House District 10, incumbent)
Hamp Johnson (House District 10, challenger)
April 17, 2012 No Comments
Incumbents are listed first
- District 3: Sen. Kevin Bryant – Don Bowen Jr (Rep. Don Bowen’s son)
- District 4: Sen. Billy Odell – Riley Harvell
- District 6: Rep. Brian White – Unopposed
- District 7: Rep. Michael Gambrell – Unopposed
- District 8: Rep. Don Bowen – Ted Luckadoo, Jonathan Walker*
- District 9: Rep. Anne Thayer – Unopposed
- District 10: Rep. Joshua Putnam – Hamp Johnson
- John Skipper – Creed Hashe
- Greg Shore – Unopposed
Clerk of Court:
- Richard Shirley – Unopposed
- Jackie Hunter – Unopposed
- Jason Phillips – Unopposed
- Chrissy Adams
- District 1: Francis Crowder – John Benca
- District 3: Eddie Moore – James Mitchell Cole
- District 4: Tom Allen – Unopposed
- District 5: Tommy Dunn – Denny Floyd
- District 6: Ken Waters – Ann Smith
- District 7: Cindy Wilson – Unopposed
March 30, 2012 No Comments
Did you know that the senator who brought national shame to our state and the Republican Party by calling our governor a “raghead” is seeking re-election?
That’s right! Besides the embarrassment he is to South Carolina, Jakie is one of the foremost Senate RINOs, a gatekeeper notorious for letting good bills die in his drawer without seeing the light of day.
Check out Knotts’ Horrible Legislative Record and see for yourself!
Conservatives across the state are joining the effort to remove Senator Knotts and replace him with a principled, accountable leader. One who has the courage to advance bold tax reforms, and move our state’s economy from pitiful to prosperous.
Katrina Shealy needs your help to compete with Jakie’s special interest money. Your contribution of any amount will help send Jakie and his RINO buddies a clear message: conservatives across the state are sticking together to remove RINOs from the SC Senate!
Thank you for all you do to advance the conservative cause!
March 29, 2012 No Comments
Sunday, January 8th @ 4:00pm
Chief’s Wings and Firewater
723 Congaree Rd, Greenville SC 29607
Monday, January 9th, @ 8:00am
Dutch Treat Breakfast
Mama Penn’s Resturant
2802 North Main Street, Anderson, SC 29621
January 7, 2012 3 Comments