School Choice Held Hostage in Senate
Just in from FreedomWorks:
The South Carolina Senate is playing politics with the future of thousands of South Carolina students. The House passed historic school choice bill H.4894 last month, but the Senate is holding the bill hostage, with some members trying to delay a vote until the end of the session in June.
The usual suspects are responsible, five “Republican” Senators hold the key to bringing H.4894 to a vote.
- Sen. Wes Hayes: (803) 212-6410 (District 15, York County)
- Sen. Larry Martin: (803) 212-6340 (District 13, Greenville, Spartanburg, Union Counties)
- Sen. Luke Rankin: (803) 212-6132 (District 33, Horry County)
- Sen. Billy O’Dell: (803) 212-6040 (District 4: Anderson, Abberville, and Greenwood Counties)
- Sen. Jake Knotts: (803) 212-6350 (District 23: Lexington Counties)
Will you take a minute to remind one or two of these Senators that school choice is a Republican platform issue?
P.S. Senator O’Dell was asked last night at a forum why he doesn’t support school choice. His response was not surprising!