Who we are
The Anderson Tea Party is a grassroots group of ordinary American citizens from Anderson County, SC. Our goal is to restore government “of the people, by the people, and for the people,” at the Federal, State, and Local level.
- We are peaceful and polite individuals.
- We used to be the “silent majority,” but are silent no more.
- We are outraged that Congress is spending our children hopelessly into debt, while we face job loss and financial hardship.
- We see America spiraling into slavery, and have determined that it must happen over our dead bodies.
- We are the ones who were derided by the media and by the DHS as “tea-bagging racist rednecks,” “bitter gun-clingers,” and “potential terrorists”–but we’re just ordinary Americans.
- We are not a political party.
- We are non-partisan. We don’t care if you’re Republican, Democrat, Constitutional, Libertarian, or Independent.
- We are not a social club! Don’t come to our meetings if you would rather be entertained or just “hang out.”
- We are not a corporation of any kind, because we don’t want the government telling us what we can and cannot do politically as a group.
- We will not exclude anyone who truly loves freedom and wants to help save our country.
- To locate and mobilize patriots who will be “silent no more”
- To awaken those who are still silent
- To educate citizens on the constitution and our founder’s vision for freedom
- Raise up a grassroots army for the issues and elections of 2010
- Limited Government. Fiscal responsibility, pay down the national debt, balance the budget, reduce spending and taxes, enact the FairTax, eliminate Federal agencies not authorized by the Constitution, stop earmarks. Where the federal government oversteps its enumerated powers, individuals and state and local governments have the duty to resist.
- Individual Responsibility. Government should promote self-reliance, not reliance on government. Entitlements are “legal plunder.”
- Free Enterprise. Small business is the engine of economic prosperity. Support FAIR trade with other countries. Remove the undue taxes and regulation on American business and bring our jobs home. Support private property and eliminate property taxation.
- Traditional Values. America is a Christian Nation, founded on Biblical principles. All men are entitled by God to life, including the unborn. Parents have the right to raise and teach their own children. Marriage is a lifelong covenant between a man and a woman.